The principles of social and environmental responsibility are indispensable for sustainable and effective business development and an important part of FESCO Group business strategy.
Company Management successfully implemented and executed an Integrated Management System. It combines four management systems, including:
- Safety Management System;
- Quality Management System;
- Environmental Management System; and
- OSH Management System.
Integrated Management System provides:
- financing streamline of social and environmental programs;
- improving Company image;
- improving environmental culture, responsibility and discipline of Group’s employees;
- improving records management system;
- increase Group’s competitiveness;
- increase customer confidence;
- improving services quality; and
- creating new opportunities in world markets.
The compliance of the Integrated Management System with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 was confirmed by Russian Registry and SAI Global Russia based on a certification audit conducted in October 2009.
Environmental Management System aims to increase Group’s safety activities and reduction of its impact on the environment. In 2009 the compliance of the Environmental Management System with ISO 14001:2004 was confirmed by Russian Registry, SAI Global Russia and IQNet.
In 2009 FESCO signed the Copenhagen Communique, confirming its adherence to high environmental stangards and proactive contribution to the preservation of the Planet through promotion of greener transportation.
In 2007 the crew of the vessel "Igarka" of Transport Group is presented with the green flag in Long Beach port, USA — the award of the port voluntary program directed to reduce the negative effect on the environment.
The environmental program of the port has been implemented since January 1, 2005. the green flag of the Program goes to the companies, which vessels minimized harmful emissions into the atmosphere within 20-mile water area of the port during last year